Saturday, May 7, 2011

I Got Stood Up!

I  got stood up today! This guy who I've been chatting and talking with asked me to come watch him play flag football today. He actually asked me on Wednesday and I agreed. He sent me a text this morning telling me the game was still on, but it had been moved to another spot and he wasn't exactly sure of the name of the park, but he'd let me know when he found out.  That's the last text message I received from him. Now, when I was young and way more naive, and quite frankly, self absorbed, (whoa on the commas) I would have assumed something bad happened to him. I mean, let's face it, there's just no way in HELL he stood me up!  However, I'm older and I know better, so more than likely, yeah, he just stood me up. I'm sure he's fine.  I absolutely hope he's fine.
The being stood up part really bugs me, not because I think I'm above it, but because it's just rude as hell to not value someone's time. He has no idea what kind of concessions I had to make to be able to accommodate his ass today. It's not like I woke up dreaming about going to watch a fucking flag football game. I was going for him, just so we could kick it a little bit. I have no idea why he stood me up. Maybe he just forgot about me. Maybe he decided he really didn't want to me to come. Who knows? Either way, I'm pretty sure he just took himself completely out of the game. I sent him a text a mere 10 hours later asking "What happened to you today?"  He hasn't responded. I'll let you know if he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment