Friday, October 7, 2011

Dating Without Discretion, Sorta

So me and one of my friends has this challenge going on in order to push ourselves to date guys we probably wouldn't normally date. We have to give our numbers to whomever asks for them, provided he has all of his teeth and he's under the age of 60. Really, those are the only deal breakers. We have had a very, very rough go of things since agreeing to this silliness. The reason I'm bringing it up now is because I just gave my number to this dude less than 30 minutes ago and he's called me three times already. We had a five minute conversation prior to my doing this. He was nice enough, not really my "type" but the whole point of this experiment is to date different dudes, so whatever. Anyway, this is a huuuge red flag. Why have you called me three times in less than 30 minutes, sir? I mean, as awesome as my conversation is, this is a bit extreme. It's the middle of the work day and we both had places to be and things to do. This is how you talk yourself out of the game before it even starts, folks. I know it's hard to find that balance between showing enough interest and not being perceived as stalkerish, just know that calling someone three times in less than 30 minutes is more creepy than it is charming. It's like 99.99999%  creepy. (does the percent sign go before or after the number?) Anyway, overall this experiment has not gone well, but it has led to some pretty funny conversations. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment: