Thursday, February 9, 2012

Say Something!

So anyway. I feel like I'm always the bad news friend. I'm always the friend that has to have the tough conversations with other friends. No matter how many people feel the same way about a situation, I'm the only one who will actually say what we're all thinking and have discussed behind their back. I know honesty is supposedly encouraged, but we all know that ain't true. If it were, we'd be more honest with people. We're not always as honest as we need to be, because we don't always want people to be as honest as they need to be with us. Deny it all you want, but you know it's true. The truth is a tough pill to swallow sometimes.
Somehow I've still been able to maintain good relationships with people, but it really dawned on me that I'm always down for the awkward conversation. I think it's because I hate it when people are like, 'I knew that was going to happen, but I just didn't say anything." My advice to you is, SAY SOMETHING! I know the counter argument is "he/she isn't going to listen anyway" That may very well be true, but you need to say it anyway.  If you want to continue to think you're a good friend, then you need to have tough conversations with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment