Sunday, February 26, 2012

Suburgatory

So anyway. I'm in Suburgatory. It's a combination of the words suburban and purgatory (It's from a TV show on ABC) Yup, that's my life. My weekends are filled with soccer games, grocery shopping and other domestic shit that my 30 year old single self thought I'd be avoiding for a few more years.  I'm glad I came to Texas because I know my friend really needs my help, and I'm happy to lend a hand. But, this life isn't for me. I need movie screenings and other such random events that you have to get all fabulous to attend. Well, you don't have to, but it's encouraged.  There hasn't been a reason for me to put on a dress since I've been in Texas.I'm going to wear a dress to the next middle school basketball game I attend, just because.
And don't even get me started on the smoking in restaurants. If boredom doesn't kill me, secondhand smoke might. Look, I'm not judging you if you're a smoker. My Dad is a smoker, but he at least tries not to smoke around non-smokers.  I miss my family and friends, but the thing I miss most about Atlanta is its no smoking laws.
When I came here I wasn't sure how long this little adventure would last. I'm pretty sure I'll be leaving around May or June unless something really awesome happens.  In the meantime, I'm going to try to make the best of what's left of my time here. There are worse things in life than boredom, so I'll be fine.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...they still allow smoking in indoor public places there?!

    How does anyone enjoy their meal?! Man... :-(

    ReplyDelete