Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I'm Baaaaaack!

Where did the time go???  My last post was like the week before Thanksgiving!  I didn't mean to stay away for so long, but sh*t happens.  Let's not dwell on why I was away, instead let's focus on how great it is that I'm back. I really have missed this.  Lord knows there are some things I should have been writing about, but due to circumstances beyond my control, and some completely in my control, I just wasn't able to write.

I was inspired to come back today because I finally made amends with this chick that I had been kinda beefing with for like two years. We weren't actually beefing so much as we just weren't on speaking terms. We have a lot of mutual friends and the holidays kinda make it difficult to avoid one another, so I thought it would be a good idea if we cleared the air a bit.  We had a simple email conversation and now it won't be totally awkward if we run into each other at a party.  I really don't want to go into 2011 with any unresolved relationship issues, so I'm glad that's over. We're not going to be bff's, but at least we'll be somewhat cordial when we're around each other. Moving on....

I've been kinda getting an itch to move to another  country.  I need a bit of an adventure.  It's not like I want to move away forever (although, never say never) but I do need to get out of the current city I live in.   I'm a little bored with this place.  I've given this city my twenties, I need to spread my thirties out.  I'm trying to be nomadic for a little while.  This is the perfect time for me to do it since I don't have any kids, relationships or a career holding me back.  I'm basically just wasting time right now to be honest. I need to do some major growing in 2011 because I just took whatever 2010 gave me. I'm trying to kill the old me and be reborn.  Blame Jim Rohn.  Yeah, I've been listening to his speeches and you can't tell me I can't conquer the world!!!  I really do feel inspired.  He motivated me to patch things up with ol girl. I could have probably gone my whole life with the awkward silence that ensues when we see each other, but I decided to go ahead and bury that hatchet for good and I feel much better.  So, I'm going to make this year a great year. I'm claiming it!!!!  I cannot be in the same position I'm in today, this time next year.  If I am, something went terribly wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment