Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Doing Me, Day 22: Worrying vs Planning

Have you ever found yourself worrying about something that you're not even sure will be a problem when all is said and done?  Basically the"what if". What if this happens, then what will I do?  What if that happens, then what will I do?  Why do we worry ourselves sick before we let the entire situation play out?  It probably has something to do with the "Hope for the best, plan for the worst" mentality that a lot of us live by.  This sort of thinking has us crossing bridges before we even come to them.  Yes, more often than not it's better to have a plan than to not have one, but, it's a very thin line between planning for something and worrying about something.  Worrying is what we do when we don't have all of the details. Planning is what we do when we know what we're working with.  I personally struggle with worrying vs planning.  Tonight I finally realized I've spent way too much time worrying about things that in the end I had no reason to worry about.  I don't want to live like that because it's not healthy.  We all know worrying  promotes stress, and stress can lead to all kinds of bad things.  Sickness, poor decision making, wrinkles, and several other undesirable things. Obviously there are times when you can't help but worry, and we have to work on accurately identifying those times.   But, there are situations that we encounter daily that we let drive us damn near insane and in the end we find out we were worried for no reason.  The point I'm trying to make is, confirm the damn pregnancy before you sit around weighing your options. ;)

Sidebar:  No, I am not pregnant, nor have I been doing anything that could lead to pregnancy.  I'm just using that as an example. 

2 comments:

  1. LOL "confirm the damn pregnancy before you sit around weighing your options. ;)" Love it!

    I'm glad I read this...and it so true.

    There is this older white man I met one day (at the pawn shop lol, he worked there) and I was like your so happy, I know you're having a great day! He was like I am happy...I have no worries...I give everything to god and I go on my way. Why sit and worry about things, that are not in your control? Even if there is something that you may have a hand in, why worry, it is going to be what it going to be.

    It can be really hard to let go of things that are on your head or may not seem like a good situation...I still struggle with it. I'm sure it's a normal human thing to do...but yes, I totally understand you....I don't want no wrinkles...or as few as possible!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Yeah I had to throw that part in to bring it home. lol I am a worrier by nature, but I really really don't want to be anymore. I don't want those darned wrinkles! lol It's easier said than done though.

    ReplyDelete