Sunday, November 7, 2010

Doing Me, Days 24, 25 and 26: The Weekend

In case you haven't noticed, I don't really do too many posts on Fridays and Saturdays.  It's a traffic thing.  No one really reads them on those days for reasons I completely understand.  I'd rather just take mental notes and touch on a few things on Sunday night.

Day 24:  I took some serious me time on Friday night. I had the opportunity to go a couple of places, but I decided I would be better served to stay at home and just chill.  It worked out beautifully. I ended up staying up until 6:20 Saturday morning because I wanted to finish the book I had started called Manhunting, by Jennifer Crusie.  It was a cute book and it had a lot of laugh out loud funny parts.  I started reading it at 2 a.m. and the plan was to just read a chapter, but I wasn't really sleepy so I continued to read and before I knew it, it was after 6. It's not like I had anything pressing to do on Saturday anyway so it didn't hurt me to stay up all night.  My body pretty much only allows me to sleep about 4 good hours per night anyway, so I was up and at em again at a decent enough time.

Day 25:  Saturday was a lot of fun. I went to meet a friend for coffee and dessert and we just sat and talked for a couple of hours.  The desserts were good, a bit too sweet, but good. We hashed out a few things, so not only was it fun, it was also productive.  Those are the best kinds of conversations! Afterward, instead of heading home for the night I wound up at a male friend's place watching television and drinking.  We all know what late night drinking leads to....Just kidding, it didn't lead to that.  It could have, but cooler heads prevailed because we're just friends and last night just wasn't the time to change that.  I actually don't foresee that time ever coming.


Day 26:  Last night while having dessert and coffee, my friend and I got on the subject of church and how often we do or don't attend.  We share some of the same feelings about church attendance.  Here's the thing, I don't attend church very often. I'm not ashamed to admit that. I have some real issues with many of the churches I've attended since I've lived in this city.  It's not to say I don't enjoy church when I'm there, I do.  I love to hear choirs sing and if the pastor is good at delivering a message, that's terrific. I'm not really going to get into all of that though. I am very comfortable with my relationship with God.  I know what it is.  I hate it when people try to look down on me because I don't go to church every Wednesday and Sunday.  Just because you go to church, it does not mean you're nearer to God than I.   I don't think God is taking attendance at church anyway.  Let me handle my spirituality the way I see fit to handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment