Friday, October 15, 2010

Doing Me, Day 3

When you look good, you feel good.  I'm going to go ahead and write that in indelible ink somewhere.  I had a pretty good day today.  I still haven't had contact with the Ex or the Homie. They're both respecting my hiatus just as I asked them to do.  It's actually been quite refreshing to sit around not thinking about someone all day for one reason or another.  This would be a lot harder if they still insisted on inserting themselves into my daily routine, but they're staying away for now.  While it's only Day 3, I'm confident I'll be able to stick to my plan.  I'm sure it will get harder as the days go by because I'm so used to sharing certain things with these guys, but I can deal with it.  No one said it would be easy.
I went to a restaurant to watch the game with one of my homeboys.  I hadn't seen him in a while so it was good to catch up.  I'm going to try to get out by myself a bit this weekend.  Or, I'm going to just stay home by myself.  Either way, I need some serious me time. I've gotta date myself so I can find out exactly what makes me tick.  What do I like, love, hate, need to change about myself?  These are questions that need to be answered and they can't be until I spend time with myself. My friends may not take kindly to me going at it alone, but it's something more single gals should try. Don't believe me?  Try it yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment