Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Doing Me, Day 8: Sharing

Ladies, as I sat on my couch talking with one of my friends who so graciously stopped by to kick it for a while, I realized WE need to open up and tell our stories more.   You never really know all of what someone has gone through, but I find that among me and my friends, some of our stories are very similar.  Besides, God did not put us here to go at IT alone. If you don't have friends in your life who you can share your pain, joy and everything in between with, then you need a new group of friends.  This is not up for debate.  We need to stop holding onto the various life experiences that helped mold us into the people we are today. Let's share these things so that they aren't weighing us down; and it might actually help our friends to better understand why we are the way we are about certain things.  You don't have to share your life experiences with all of your friends, but share them with at least one.  Or hell, share your story with a stranger.  I've had some of the most uninhibited conversations of my life with people I don't know. I never intend to share my life story with strangers, but sometimes we just get in the flow of the conversation and it can't be avoided.
This is all a part of my process to become a better version of myself over the next twenty plus days.  I feel good about where I am and where I'm headed.

No comments:

Post a Comment