Sunday, October 17, 2010

Doing Me, Day 5

Today was a beautiful day.  The weather was perfect, neither hot nor cold.  It was just perfect. I met one of my good friends for coffee this evening and we had great conversation as usual.  She's in the process of moving to the left coast and I'm going to miss her terribly.  We always get together every few weeks for dinner, coffee or something random.  She's one of the people I can talk to about The Ex and the Homie because she understands me.  We sit and talk out whatever issues we're experiencing at the time and usually one of us has a "come to Jesus" moment where everything just makes sense.  Sometimes you just need to talk it out with a friend before you decide the best way to approach a problem.  She's definitely had a hand in helping me deal with certain things and I'm proud to say I've had a hand in helping her deal with things too.  It's nice to have that friend who you can be completely honest with because you know she/he is not judging you.  You also know she/he is listening to you with the intent of hearing you and not just with the intent of responding.
I spent a lot of time with myself today prior to going to have coffee. It truly was a day of Doing Me. I look forward to seeing what this week holds for me. I'm going to try to make it great.  I encourage you to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment